Implementation of RTI in States
Posted by rtiact2005 on August 3, 2006
I feel there is great a need to identify the status of RTI in the different States. I request friends from different States to try and fill the following format, so that we can start this excercise:
1 Name of State:
2. Whether Rules have been framed?
If yes, whether they are available in the local language?
If possible please send the link with the website.
3. Whether format has been specified for application and apeals? If yes, please try and send it.
a) On Application: Rs.
b) For first appeal:
c) For second appeal:
5. Any significant problem in the rules:
6. Name and email address of CIC of State.
How many other Information Commissioners are there.
7. If any data is available on the following:
a) Number of RTI applications in State
if no numbers are available, please give your impression of whether RTI is being used very little/reasonably/very actively.
b) Awareness of State Govt. Officials.
c) If report of Information Commission as required under Section 25 is ready.
8. An idea of the Information Commission’s disposal preferably in this format::
For October 2005 to July 2006:
Total no. of appeals & Complaints received
Total number of appeals and complaints in which final orders passed
Total number of appeals and complaints pending disposal
October to December 2005
Upto July 2006.
If this information is not available please file a RTI application with the PIO of the Information Commission.
9. Your grading of the decisions by the Information Commission: Bad/Fair/good. (If possible get the opinion of a few others)
10. Three major problems in the implementation of the Act.
11. If available, three success stories of use of RTI.
12. Any other questions you feel we should add; please add them with answers
Even if recieve multiple answers come from any State, it will help to understand the position better.
Requesting RTI activists from to different parts of the Country to respond, with the same subject line as given above.
022 32903776; 26001003
All my mails are in Public domain,
and do share them if you wish.