UP RTI Update
Posted by rtiact2005 on July 13, 2006
———- Forwarded message ———-
From: asha <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 12-Jul-2006 23:26
the campaign in UP is doing relatively well. here are some highlights:
* police dept. accepts first application in sitapur yesterday.
* DG police office sends an employee to collect applications from lucknow
centre today after 3 applications were torn by them 3-4 days back.
* 175 applications filed in hardoi and 110 in sitapur. cash fees being
accepted in all departments in these two districts now. however, in most
other districts people have to pay by chalan, bank draft or postal order.
progress in sultanpur, chandauli is slow with about 15-20 applications filed
so far. less than 10 applications filed in unnao, deoria, moradabad. bigger
cities like lucknow, gorakhpur and varanasi doing relatively better.
* first applications under RTI were filed in hardoi, chandauli and deoria
during this campaign.
* one man in lucknow gets his pension after waiting for 11 years.
* one disabled man invited to join in nagar nigam, varanasi, after being
offered a job 1.5 years back. he was being made to run.
* new camp starts in mau district today. contact person arvind kumar,
* first tehsil level camp organized in chandauli district at sakaldiha
today, contact jayashankar, mobile: 09839716248.
* demand for camps in azamgarh, mirzapur, ballia, jaunpur, rae bareli,
barabanki, gonda, kushinagar, bijnore, kanpur districts. a one day camp
going to be organized in azamgarh on 21st july. activists from varanasi will
help organize this, contact vallabhacharya, 09415256848.
an evaluation meeting on the campaign in UP has been invited at dr. ambedkar
mahasabha, opposite vidhan bhawan, lucknow, on 17th july. activists from
about a dozen centres being organized throughout UP during this campaign
likely to attend this.